When I first met Zeo at the Cornell Sleep Study, I immediately knew I wanted to see how much data I could get out of it. This led me to do a simple hack where I got some sleepstage data directly off of the device by sniffing the LCD protocols. When Zeo decided to bring me on as a contractor, one of my first projects was to make an official version of this that actually streamed the data out of a currently disabled serial port in the back of the Zeo device. I created a modified version of the Zeo firmware that output the serial data. A simple serial>USB cable was documented for use with the new firmware.
I also created a simple multi-threaded python library that simplified interaction with the data. To show off the data available I made a simple GUI viewer for the raw data.